Friday, February 8, 2008

That's How I Roll...

In case you were hoping to get a little insight into how I live, here's a nice example.

Yesterday, I spent the better part of my morning on the phone with Phonies, trying to get my blackberry set-up.  I won't bore you with the details (as I already did that last week), so just know that it was a long and tedious process.  I think I may have too much phone, and I'm definitely too old to know how to use it.

As I was saying, my morning went a little bit like this.  I woke up, ate some breakfast, turned on the computer, did a little work,  and waited for my Phonie rep to call.  He never called, so I gave him an hour and called them myself.  Then I sat on the phone with three different people for over two hours.  On my final call, the customer service lady, who was a delightful woman from Kentucky, wanted to make sure I had internet access.  Unfortunately for me, my house is a vacuum of bad signals.  I had her on speaker phone and let her know that I was walking to the other side of the apartment (which is a palatial studio), at which point we commenced yelling to each other (that was actually kind of funny). 

Then, she told me I should just go outside.  To most this might be a reasonable request. For me, it struck fear in my heart.  Why?  Because I was still wearing my pajamas--and yes, it was noon.  Not sure what to do, I told her I'd be a minute.  So, I ran into the closet otherwise known as my bedroom (literally) and threw on some clothes.  I then yelled out to her that I was going outside.  I ran outside, checked the web, and came back in.  I told her it was a success, and she said, "Great.  You're set."

I had her sitting on the phone waiting for me for more than 5 minutes while I got dressed and ran outside.  Did she wonder what I was doing?  I certainly couldn't tell her that I was still in my pajamas.  That's just embarrassing (even though all the delivery people know what kind of lazy slob I am).

Oh well.  Once I was dressed, I suddenly felt like being productive, so I brushed my teeth.

And that's how I live.

Hey boys! I'm available!

No comments:

Post a Comment