Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Is That Creepy? A Poll.

As you know, my cell phone is on a fabulous 3-day vacation to exciting NEW YORK CITY!  I don't know what kind of plans it made for its whirlwind adventure, but I'm sure it will take in a Broadway show and enjoy the nightlife that Manhattan has to offer.  My blackberry likes to get down if you know what I mean.


As you may or may not know, I like to bake (cookies in case you thought I was referring to a lifestyle choice other than that of "crazy cat lady" (sans cats) which may soon be a reality for me--and speaking of cats, I've been sneezing all day long and discovered it's because I'm wearing a hoodie with cat hair on it...argh!).  I also like to win people over with sweets.  So, it seemed only natural that I might make a batch of cookies to thank IT guy for dealing with pesky little ol' me.  Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to bake (and the mood didn't really strike me), so I ended up buying some candy for a dollar (do I need to make a crack about being a cheapskate?  No?  That obvious, huh?).


Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day (and my phone will arrive at IT guy's desk tomorrow as well), I went with a box of chocolates with a silly picture of daffy duck and the space alien from Looney Tunes (okay fine, you dragged it out of me...it was a heart-shaped box).  And that led me to wonder, is that creepy?


I did write a note telling him that I sent the candy as a little thank you (and left out the bit that it was also incentive for him to help me out because I figured that was implied).  On the whole, I don't think sending treats is creepy (though maybe I've been fooling myself all these years), but the fact that it is Valentine's candy on Valentine's Day makes me wonder.


So, I'm putting it out there.  Creepy?  Yes?  No?

No comments:

Post a Comment