Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Local Taqueria Strikes Again!

Oh, local taqueria, why do you have this hold on me? Didn't I tell you it was over between us? Why must you exploit my weaknesses? You knew I was feeling tired and gross today. You knew that I was suffering from a food hangover (because I'm sure it was all the tasty food I ate for dinner and not the multiple glasses of wine that kept me awake all night, leading me to my decision to not ride my bike this morning). You knew that I would want something cheesy and okay to eat. And, yeah, you won this battle tonight, but the war is far from over. Dare I say that tonight's flautas were particularly bland. It's true. The salsa looked delicious, but didn't taste good. And well...I think maybe this was the kick in the pants I needed. It's over. I'm not falling for your siren's song anymore! Don't expect to see me anytime soon. I'm just going to walk on by. That's right. Walk. On. By. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to try on my snowboarding pants because I have a date with the mountain tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment