Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Just Left the Dark Ages Behind

But not without kicking and screaming.

So, I just upgraded my phone to (drum roll please) a blackberry.  Oh, that's right.  This girl who always has a phone 5 generations behind whatever phone is new and hip, suddenly cut in line.  I've only had texting capabilities for less than 2 years, and I've never had a camera phone.  I don't know what to do with myself!  To be completely honest, I'm a little afraid of the new phone.  I mean, it's cute and all.  I like to look at it and push the buttons, but I'm afraid I'll click onto something and *BAMMO* get charged $100.  Some might think I'm being a little melodramatic, but you don't know my world.  This kind of thing happens to me all the time (though, lately, I've been quite lucky.  Just yesterday, I had a hankering for potstickers after watching America's Test Kitchen, and a half an hour before I was going to head out and get some...my friend called to invite me over to eat...potstickers.  Crazy, no?).

I am the customer that no one wants to deal with.  I usually start out nice, but, more often than not, the call ends with me in tears, screaming about how unfair everything is (and I may throw in unfair things that are completely unrelated to the problem at hand).  Okay, so maybe I'm exaggerating (or am I?).  My point is that anytime I have something that costs me money (and has the potential to secretly cost me money), I get a little nervous.  That, and the purchase of the phone (while possibly the best cell phone buying experience I've had) was a little sketchy...and somehow, I have a family plan.  So, for reasons unknown to single ol' me, I now have 2 phones available for my usage.  And what single person really needs 2 phones?  It's just confusing...not to mention being totally unnecessary.  My salesperson seemed to think it was a great idea.  So, I guess I have to correct that, but I can't do that for a couple of days.  And while I'm correcting that, I need to figure out exactly what data plan she sold me because I have a sinking suspicion that I was eagerly suckered (and everyone knows this wouldn't be the first time).

So, I guess that's my story.  I have a fancy new phone, and I'm terrified of it because, in some small way, I am a bit of a luddite.

No comments:

Post a Comment