Sunday, January 6, 2008

When is it MY Turn?

So, on Friday, I was wandering around the mall because they had electricity there (and I didn't have any in my apartment), and I started wondering (as I often do) when it will be my turn. (Okay, just so everyone has a clear picture, I was wandering around Bloomingdale’s in my AWESOME new raincoat that gives the false impression that I would actually buy ridiculously expensive hairbands. So now that the scene is set, I'll continue.) As I was saying I started thinking about how I'm always waiting for the day when I can be frivolous (okay, more than I actually am in the first place), but it never seems to come. Then, as I was passing by the handbags, I realized that I may be to blame. Perhaps my insistence on just waiting for the lush life to find me is actually the problem. So, I decided that from this point forward, I'm going to make it happen. That's right. I'm finally going to follow my late grandmother's advice that she bestowed upon me when I graduated from college. I am going to find me a rich man with one foot in the grave and one foot on a banana peel.

Or maybe I'll just keep chugging along with my life as is... I'd hate to waste all that book learnin' on anything other than my elbow modeling career. And I am endlessly attractive to the terminally unemployed, so why push my luck? When you've got it, you've got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment