Thursday, January 31, 2008

What's Up With Universal Studios?

Last night I took a stroll around Universal CityWalk, and it was...uneventful.  The one thing that DID catch my eye was a sign near the ticket booth for Universal Studios.  Woody Woodpecker stood before me announcing to the hordes of visitors that people under 48" could get discounted tickets.  Immediately, I wondered whether this rule applied to "little" people* (or, as I like to think of them, my potential suitors).  Seriously.  Do little people get discounted tickets at Universal Studios?  Too bad the ticket office was closed; otherwise, I would have conducted an informational interview.

I realize that the spirit of the law is to benefit children, but, if employees follow the letter, then really short adults get discounted tickets too.  So, how does it play out when a little person goes to Universal Studios?  Do they get the discount, or was there an asterisk that I didn't notice giving an age limit as well?  Also, what if a kid is just abnormally tall (like my neighbor in the 3rd grade who was 5 feet tall at age 9...and apparently grew to be 6'9)?  Do they miss out on the discount?  It's weird, no?

I'm still kicking myself for not taking my camera on this little jaunt because the sign was a kind of funny.  And it was the only entertaining thing I encountered while I hunted down a Mexican restaurant that was closed at 6pm for no reason whatsoever (except maybe for the fact that all the restaurants were dead....with the notable exception of the Hard Rock Cafe), thus leading me to eat dinner at my hotel.

Oh, and I suppose I should mention that while I was on the elevator in the hotel, a middle-aged man invited me to the party on the 9th floor (which, based on the ruckus from that floor as the elevator passed, was off the hook).  Those FEMA conventioneers totally know how to party.  My coworker told me I should have gone and done nothing but ask them about Katrina.  If only I wasn't so tired...I could have gotten down with some government employees.  Alas, I just stood in my room flashing the lights in hopes that my friend could spot my window from her apartment on the hill.  (I don't know why people think I'm lame.)

*Did you notice how PC I am?  I didn't say the "m" word at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment