Thursday, January 10, 2008

No Good At Networking

So I went to this "networking" event tonight, or as some people might call it, an "alumni" event.  On my way there, I coached myself on the virtues of talking to strangers, and yet, once I arrived, I was incapacitated as usual. I'm a terrible networker.

If it weren't for one person, I would have stood there by myself drinking my drink, entertaining myself with my ice, you know...the usual.  Luckily, as I was glancing around trying to figure out who to talk to and HOW to actually talk to them, I passed someone that I recognized.  Luckily she recognized me, and we started to chat.  No, we didn't know each other in college, but we also didn't know anybody there.  So, we became fast friends and discovered that we're neighbors.

Long story short, I may have a new friend.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment