Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Crocs That Saved Me

....a true story by all of the toes on my right foot...

Say what you will about Crocs (my traveling companion already did by merely saying, "Nice Crocs", which may seem like a benign comment, but really...admiration was not in her voice because....Crocs are sooooo dorky), but these babies saved my toes AND toenails yesterday.

Had I been wearing flip flops (like I've chosen today), then I'm sure i would have lost my toes. I kicked at least 3 curbs, and my feet were stepped on at least 5 times. Did it hurt? No. Because I had Crocs. The downside was that i did manage to get a couple blisters, so I had to administer some surgery in the middle of the night. But that's it!

And speaking of people stepping on me. I'm no tall gorilla, so it shocked me when I almost walked into a full-grown adult because I didn't see them--they were a whole head shorter than me.

I'm a giant at 5'4.

No comments:

Post a Comment