Monday, April 21, 2008

You're Kidding, Right?

Uhhh.....yeah.

Remember that whole Phonies debacle?  Well, it's not over yet.  Today I logged onto my email to see that I received a bill from them.  What did that bill say?  Did it have the appropriate amount that they owed me on it?  No.  They apparently were under the impression that they only owed me $39, as opposed to the hundreds that they actually DO owe me.

Yes, I was livid.  Yes, I ran to bathroom to yell at my own reflection in preparation for my phone call.  No, I'm not able to actually look at the charges on my bill because they blocked my access to my account via their website.

I called and got someone from customer service.  Unfortunately for her, I was not in the mood to be my usual nice self.  No, I just let her know how frustrated I am, how much money they owe me, how they stole money from me, how the lied to me...you know, everything.  She was professional the whole way through.  She informed me that I was charged $65 for my monthly bill, and that set me off even more.  Why?  Because I was on a $15/month plan.  After quite a bit of hunting, she discovered that Omega (and I'm pretty sure she thought I made up that name) DID waive my early cancellation fee (since she DID do that after all).  Before she transferred me to finance, I wanted to find out about the $65 charge.  She said she was looking into it, but she transferred me to finance during her hunt.

Once on the phone with finance, I was connected with a new operator.  She was very sweet and was really enjoying the nice weather--so much so, that she couldn't type anything in correctly.  After quite a bit of quality time on hold while she had her supervisor fix my account, she returned.  The fee was waived, all was restored.  I mentioned the $65 charge, and she almost transferred me back to customer service.  Luckily I stopped her with my next batch of questions.  When will I get my money back?  Are you sending me a check?  When will I see it?  How much money should I expect?

The answers: We're working on that now. Yes. 7-10 days.  The correct amount I was quoted by Omega back on April 2.

She then offered to transfer me to customer service, but I told her not to because the check amount was correct (meaning they charged me even more money than they were supposed to...again!).  She then started whispering to me, but her phone kept cutting out.  I like to think she was telling me what a terrible company Phonies is.  After that, I engaged in a bit of small talk about the weather and wished her well.

It was a nice experience in the end.

It will be even better when I get that check in 7-10 days.

You know I'll be checking the mail, and if I don't see it, they are getting another irate phone call from a gorilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment