Thursday, April 3, 2008

Even the Universe Knows I'm Out of Shape!

Big news.  Huge news.  Colossal news.

That triathlon that I signed up for in January because I wanted to get into shape and find a renewed passion for physical fitness; you know, the one that I haven’t really been training for?

It got cancelled.

I know.  It was symbolic.  It was on my birthday.  I thought that might help me do a little better.  It was the same course as the very last triathlon I did a few years ago.  It was going to be a transcendental experience for me.

Alas, it simply wasn’t meant to be.  I just got an email from the race director regretfully informing me that the race will not happen in less than two days.  They apologized profusely to all of the athletes that trained so hard for the event.  They certainly weren’t talking to me. 

I have to admit, I’ve been feeling a little nervous about the race.  I’m totally out of shape right now.  Of course, I do have a much more difficult race coming up in a month, and I really need to hunker down and something about it (while also guiding tourists through the California wine country).  But, I’m pretty relieved that I don’t have to change the back tire on my bike before Saturday morning.

Birthday miracles DO happen!

So, I just have this to say....

Don’t cry for me Argentina.  The truth is I haven’t been training.  I like to watch TV, and sit and eat at Sparky’s.  I can’t start racing, until I quit flaking.

*sigh*

I wonder if I should get a cookie.  You know, treat myself for a hard day’s work..

No comments:

Post a Comment