Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pardon Me While I Introduce Myself

After months of complaining, the day finally arrived.  I got my new phone and am now part of the new century.  Wait!  We can go further.  I am on the cutting-edge of technology, and I'm NEVER that chic.

It's true.  The blackberry brick is a thing of the past (as soon as I ensure that I've taken all of the information I need from it and erase it completely).  That's right.  The phone that erased itself on an hourly basis for eight months is now retired.  Sure everyone said I should have just thrown in the towel and bought a new phone a long time ago, but I'm just not the kind of person who is willing to pay over $500 just to get out of a contract and into a new phone.  No.  I'm the kind of person who pays $475 for that sort of thing (just kidding...I didn't do that).

I waited patiently.  I plotted and planned.  I did a little research, and I fretted over whether to go with the herd and get an iPhone or go with the Droid.  As a luddite (at least when it comes to phones), I was afraid of making the wrong choice.  I've never had a phone with a camera.  I've never had a phone that had a properly functioning web interface (and the 3rd generation blackberry that was out-of-date when I got it may have had internet capabilities, but it couldn't open most websites, so I was essentially living in the Smart Phone Dark Ages).  I went on my trip knowing that February 19 was my day--the day of reckoning for my phone.

When I returned on February 18, I smiled at the thought of the quickly approaching "New Phone Day"...then I got lazy and took my sweet time until I woke up in cold sweats a few days ago.  Why?  Because I had a dream that my blackberry caught on fire.  And quite honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if that DID happen.  So I decided that I'd put off "New Phone Day" long enough, and I needed to take action.

After an informal and highly unscientific poll, and yet another web search, I bit the bullet.  I made my choice, and the winner came in the mail today.

You are reading the words of the owner of.................................

A brand new Nexus One!!!!!!

And I love it.

It's really pretty.

And it does all sorts of things.  I think it might even do the windows.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Hope you're enjoying it! I'm a herd girl, myself. At least iPhone ownership has crossed the line from douchey technogeek to mainstream soccer mom. Somehow I feel better with the latter tag. :)

    ReplyDelete