Thursday, May 1, 2008

Triumph!

You know what they say...Bitch betta have my money.  And, by George, bitch did!

The day finally arrived.  I won my battle with Phonies.  I have to admit, for the past few days, I started to question whether or not the battle was really over...and it is!

I checked my mail this afternoon, and what was waiting for me?  A check.  Who was it from?  Phonies.  How much was it for?  The exact amount they owed me.  I have overcome!

And let me tell ya, the timing couldn't have been better.  My bank account was about to be overdrawn, and if you know me and my meticulous financial accounting and conservative view of how much money I should have available to myself at all times, you know that's about as rare as bird poop landing in someone's mouth.  Of course, now I want to know what happened to all of my cash.  I blame Phonies.  Well, except their check allowed me to send off my rent check and the extra $10 that DPT claims I owe them for a parking violation (which I think is total BS because the ticket clearly stated $50, but they are claiming it said $60...and I don't have a copy of the ticket to prove my point, so I'm out ten bucks for a stupid parking violation that, while I did deserve it, was totally annoying because the officer quickly wrote it as I was walking up to my car, then ran to his car and sped away so he wouldn't have to face me...they should have to pay ME $10...but after the Phonies experience, there isn't much fight left...so I wrote the check.) without risking overdrawing my bank account and incurring overdraft fees.  I don't want to admit that Phonies saved me in the end, but maybe it's just desserts for them.  Here they were trying to screw me for months, and in the end, they helped me out by actually doing the right thing.

So, yay!  Now I just need the government to give me my money, and to get those overdue expense checks, and then I'll be back on my game.  And then when I'm back on my game, I need to figure out where all my money went.  Hookers and blow?  Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment