Monday, September 29, 2008

At The Airport

I was at the airport today, and as I walked by the gift shop, I was struck with a burning question. Who buys new luggage at the airport just before boarding the plane? Seriously, who?

The gift shop had a section (as many do) with luggage, all of the carry-on variety. Now, if they were just selling little handbags, I wouldn't question it, but you can purchase regular suitcases. Do they really sell them?

I'd understand how this would be a good business idea if the luggage was being sold BEFORE security, but with all of the rules regarding how many carry-on bags you can have, who is buying a whole new suitcase after they've gone through security?

Are they people who buy tons of souvenirs from the gift shop?

Is it an impulse buy for people who didn't bring any carry-on luggage?

Who are these people and why are they buying their luggage there?

I just don't get it.

My other question was regarding girls with fake boobs and tiny bodies, but I'll save that for later. I was more annoyed by them for no reason other than the fact that they had fake tans and made me feel like a dorky loser in the 7th grade. I did, however, derive much glee from seeing the look another girl gave them as they walked by. I'm not the only one that thinks it's excessive.

No comments:

Post a Comment