Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Phonies Just Don't Quit!

Remember the Phonies saga? If not, please refer to the Phonies Phollies section for a quick review.

Well, as it turns out, Phonies isn't done with me. Nope. Not at all. A couple weeks ago, I came home after a quick trip to New York and found a letter from them. To be specific, it was a bill. Is that the sound of disgust I hear coming from your end of the computer screen? I thought so. My reaction was the same.

Apparently, I'm not done dealing with them (which is weird for so many reasons, including the fact that I've been with Heaven long enough to consider switching over to another carrier simply because I want a really cool, state-of-the-art phone, rather than the paperweight I've been lugging around for the past...oh, two years).

So what was up with the bill? Well, it wasn't as devastating as I first expected. In fact, it was a windfall of sorts. Due to an accounting correction, it seems that Phonies owes me $2.54. Yes, one year and eight months after finally ending my battle with them and officially closing my account, they still owe me money.

Being the suspicious and, possibly, paranoid person that I am, I called Phonies to get an explanation. My fear, of course, being that someone, for whatever reason, stole my identity and opened an account with them (which is not SO ridiculous, seeing as how my credit card number was used years ago to spend $1500 with AT&T before I had even activated the card).

I dialed the ever-familiar number and went through the process of demanding a person from the voice-activated operator, and finally found my way to (let's call him) Joe. Joe wanted my phone number, so I explained to him that I had not been a Phonies customer for over a year and a half and was calling because I just received a bill stating that I have a credit of $2.54 on my account that was closed in April of 2008. Joe laughed for quite awhile, saying something about a flawed billing cycle and promised to get a check in the mail to me.

I suppose it was a little funny. Oh Phonies, you lovable scamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment